The kitchen and bathrooms are the most used rooms in a home. It’s no wonder that the countertops, bathtubs, and showers start to show wear after several years of constant use.
Countertops get faded, scratched, and stained. A buildup of limescale, grime, and hard water can make tubs and showers difficult to clean, thus having a permanent dull and dingy look.
Instead of spending thousands of dollars to replace these surfaces, why not opt for a more budget-friendly solution like resurfacing or reglazing?
Advantages of Resurfacing
Kitchen Countertops Before Refinishing Kitchen Countertops After Refinishing
It’s no longer necessary to totally replace countertops or fixtures to resolve those worn, out-dated surfaces. Resurfacing them offers many benefits:
- Less Expensive. The cost to refinish or resurface countertops or fixtures will save up to 70% of the cost of total replacement. That can add up to a lot of savings!
- Convenient. Replacing countertops and tubs is a major undertaking. Removing the old items and replacing them with new ones will require closing down the room for weeks. There will be a disruption in everyday events, like cooking, dining, bathing and more. Resurfacing can be accomplished more quickly. The actual refinishing process can be completed within a few hours. The drying and setting may take 24-48 hours, after which the rooms will be fully functional.
- Environmental Impact. Where do the old countertops, tubs, and showers go when they are replaced with new ones? Usually, they are dumped in the already overfilled landfills. Resurfacing the existing fixtures will preserve them so that they can be used for many more years.
- Beauty and Value. Refinishing the surfaces will update the look of the home. The results will look cleaner and brighter, improving the aesthetic appeal of the home. It makes changing design and color schemes possible. These changes will increase the value of the home as well because the kitchen and bathrooms are the areas where most buyers focus their attention.
- Long-lasting. The resurfacing or reglazing process will last for many years if done properly. Even those old-fashioned clawfoot tubs can be restored, keeping the desired old-fashioned look and feel.
Bathroom Fixtures — Reglaze or Resurface?
Bathtub and Tile Before Reglazing Bathtub and Tile After Reglazing
Depending on the composition of the existing sinks, tubs, showers, and tiles, either resurfacing or reglazing can help make them look new again. Porcelain fixtures can be refinished, then reglazed to a shiny, sparkling finish. Even fiberglass fixtures can be repaired and resurfaced to correct weak bottom platforms. The newly refinished tubs and showers will be stronger and easier to keep clean than before.
About Battle Born Painting
Battle Born Painting is a locally owned and operated company serving customers in Reno, Nevada and nearby cities. They offer residential and commercial painting, to include stucco. They also paint and stain decks and fences, paint cabinets and fascia, and resurface floors, countertops, sinks, tubs, and showers.
Battle Born Painting only hires knowledgeable and experienced painters who provide the best results possible. They go above and beyond to make sure the customer gets what they expect and deserve. From the initial consultation to the final walkthrough, if it’s not 100% right, it’s not complete.
Fully insured and licensed, Battle Born Painting is a professional painting contractor who stands by their work. Contact them today for a free quote.